Wednesday, March 18, 2009

guatemala, round 2, day 1

i got into my hotel no problem. was picked up at the airport, got to my room happy as a clam. I was surprised, then to receive a call to my room 10 minutes later saying that there was an officer looking for someone from the cultural center that's hosting me. I go downstairs to find that there is an officer who has been assigned to stay with me at all times, to keep me safe. no one is sure whether he's here for me or all the other artists performing at this jazz festival, but I think it's hilarious as two armed officers and a driver argue over it.



That said, I found my concert in a magazine in the lobby about "what's happening around town" (carlos santana was on the cover), and now I'm finally going to go for that walk, armed officer or no armed officer.

cheers!

:)

sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home