Thursday, July 09, 2009

secret entry...5 things I learned in Cambodia

1) Bun Thou is really funny. I mean, he's really hysterical. And he can tell Cambodian ghost stories with the best of them, even if they don't translate that well.

2) Contrary to what I previously thought, I can sleep anywhere. I mean anywhere. Even on stairs.

3) Infinity pool plus $2 lychee martini= HEAVEN.

4) Wait, scratch that. 4 hands massage for $22 for 2 hours=heaven.

5) If I click my mouth, I can make the same sound the geckos do.

6) It is better to bite bugs than to be bitten by them.

(that last one was free, no charge)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am ready for 4, 2, 1 and 3. I leave the bugs to you.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sara --

The geckos you describe must be the little ones, which the Balinese call Tsek tsek for their sound. When I visited Ubud, we stayed in a cottage in the rice paddies of Ponestanan village. There was a "Tokay gecko" in the kitchenette below our bed. . . all night long it was "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, uh oh. . . ."

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home